Anyone quite ill after 1st Moderna?

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
Shingrix was horrible for me! The second shot wasn’t so bad though.
Exactly the same here. Believe it or not, I can actually still feel the first injection site a little but the second not at all and it was 3 months later (two weeks ago). :confused3 I don’t regret it as I’m very afraid of shingles, nor will it stop me from taking the Covid vaccine. And for what it’s worth, my DH had his first Moderna shot 10 days ago and had absolutely no side effects, not even a sore arm.

EMom

Comes from a long line of all fork ...
I got shot Sunday. Had sore arm by evening and thru Monday. Felt ok Tuesday and today I have a fever!!!! Don't know if I should blow this off to vaccine side effect or if I am my usual unlucky self and got Covid. It is spiking in our county again.

Anyone else? (Please say yes!)
I had a low grade fever for 6 days and felt wiped out. Laid around a lot. Sore arm for 5-6 days. The second shot only gave me fever for 2 days, but I got COVID arm and that rash lasted about 5 weeks.

4luv2cdisney

DIS Veteran
I had a low grade fever for 6 days and felt wiped out. Laid around a lot. Sore arm for 5-6 days. The second shot only gave me fever for 2 days, but I got COVID arm and that rash lasted about 5 weeks.
This makes me feel a bit better.

I still have a fever today. Tylenol takes is down and I feel ok but not great.

• Silver saucer

Mouseketeer
    I had my first Moderna shot on Monday. My arm was sore and slightly swollen the next day. I took some ibuprofen and went to work. Today no soreness or swelling for the first time. Last night was the worst.
    I had both Shingrix injections and luckily no reactions either time. Im not so lucky with tetanus shots. Those really hurt for quite a few days afterwards.

• bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
    Most of the time it's just an immune response. That's why most people feel sick with the common cold, even though it barely does anything. A lot of people who have died from COVID-19 didn't die from the virus causing tons of cellular damage but an overactive immune response - like antiaircraft fire falling on friendly forces. However, I haven't heard of anything that bad from the vaccines. It could feel miserable though.

jbrinkm

Mouseketeer
    I was expecting the chills/achy/fever response after my second dose of Moderna because that was what I had heard from others but instead it hit my stomach with extreme nausea (the next day). I went 36 hours without being able to eat. I was only able to drink water and a little broth. I *thought* my stomach was a little upset after the first dose but it didn't stop me from doing anything and I wasn't sure it was the shot. By the next afternoon after the second shot, though, I was completely fine. And hungry!

dznymemories

Mouseketeer
    Our youngest son (50 ) got his first Moderna vaccine on Monday the 5th. Thursday he ran a low fever and was tired. Had to leave work on Friday with a fever and feeling exhausted. Had a COVID-19 test on Saturday. He had to go back and get the Rapid test on Sunday because his wife's work requested it. Both of his results were positive for COVID-19. He runs a low-grade fever off and on and is so tired. Our oldest daughter is the secretary at an elementary school and her husband works at home. Someone at her school tested positive on Wednesday. Our daughter and her husband had to be tested although they have both had all of their Moderna shot. They are both positive and they have both been tested twice. They just feel as though they are fighting off seasonal allergies. These two kids live 65 miles apart and have not been together since before Christmas, never eat out, wear masks without fail and order all their supplies by delivery. What are the odds that all this, they would each come down with COVID-19 within a day of each other.

Christine

DIS Veteran
    So, I am just too miserable. Fever gets as high as 102. This can't be normal.

Scheduled for a covid test in an hour, but driving myself there feels impossible.
    Certainly doesn't seem to be a typical vaccine reaction. Keep us posted and I hope you feel better soon!

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
    My friend received Moderna vaccine. She was fine with the first one, but felt ill after the second. I just had my second Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday. I was fine with the first one, but the second one I had aches and pains, and really bad nausea. My husband also had Pfizer and had no problems.

caroline5177

Mouseketeer
    Hope you're feeling much better soon!
    I had a sore arm for few days after my first Moderna shot. Scheduled for my second in a couple weeks.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES