Car Tires

RamblingMad

DIS Veteran
Depends on which model Fiesta. Again, with performance tires, they could wear fast. However, if a standard model, that car is small and light and you should get at least 50,000 miles to a set a tires. With careful driving, maybe 100,000 miles
I had a 350z a while back with performance tires that would wear down faster. But they didn't wear down as fast the OPs tires. I went through about 4 sets of tires over 12 years including flats.

Last edited:

EACarlson

DIS Veteran
It is a Hatchback SE. Just basic tires. The ones on there now are supposed to have 65k tread life. I think the ones before that were 30k.

The last time I knew they were going to tell me I needed tires, this time I didn't really notice that they needed to be changed but I also didn't look.
Then you should still be in the manufacturer's warranty. If a tire has 65k stated treadlife, it is usually warrantied fully for the first 15k then pro rated over the life of the tire. Here is the warranty for Cooper Tires, the only brand I put on my vehicles anymore. https://us.coopertire.com/for-owners/tire-warranty

cvjw

DIS Veteran
I got 50,000 miles on the set of Michelin tires that came on my Honda Odyssey. When I got them replaced, bought the same tires as a replacement. They were expensive. Over $1000 for the set. Buy quality tires and they last longer.

_19disnA

DIS Veteran
This will be the third set of tires on my 6 year old car with 50k miles on it.
That sounds excessive if you have no other problems with the car as mentioned by others (i.e. alignment, suspension issues, etc.) I would go to a different tire shop and see what they say, some places are more reputable then others. Sounds like your shop is selling you tires you don't really need to generate revenue for them.

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
Then you should still be in the manufacturer's warranty. If a tire has 65k stated treadlife, it is usually warrantied fully for the first 15k then pro rated over the life of the tire. Here is the warranty for Cooper Tires, the only brand I put on my vehicles anymore. https://us.coopertire.com/for-owners/tire-warranty
I'm a Michelin fan myself. Cooper is what all the used car dealers here us because they tend to be the cheapest tire you can buy. I bought a used car with them, and when I traded it in to a different dealer they said having Cooper tires on it was a sign that I didn't keep my car up...LOL.

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
This will be the third set of tires on my 6 year old car with 50k miles on it.
We have a 3 year old Cherokee and I was told it needs new tires. I was inclined to think the guys at the shop were exaggerating until I saw this thread, what a scam these manufacturers are running... unreal. Same thing with my Civic (kids used it in HS and we kept it), I got pricey Winter tires for year round last year because of the startlingly poor traction, now I have an idea why.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES