Offer made: 3/15/2021
Offer accepted: 3/18/2021
Sent to ROFR: 3/30/2021
Passed ROFR: 4/22/2021
Estoppel Received: 5/06/2021
Closing docs received: 06/25/2021
Closing docs returned: 07/01/2021
Funds wired: 06/30/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 07/12/2021 (international)
Closing: 08/04/2021?
Deed recorded: 08/05/2021
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Total days: 144 and counting

Lorana

DIS Veteran
So sorry. I just got a response from MA and they are saying 2 to 3 weeks to transfer the contract. They got documents 7/26 so I am looking at another week and then 7 to 10 days for points. In reality, not any quicker than last summer.

The only plus is I have the room reserved with SSR points to swap to the RIV when they load.
Yeah, Admin Services actually responded to me super quick - like less than 24 hours - to confirm this morning that they did in fact get the docs from my broker and are in the process of transferring. But likewise they said 2-3 weeks to record and then another 10-14 days for points.

M:SpilotISTC12

Mouseketeer
I’ve been waiting two weeks and still don’t have my new contract showing up. I’m hoping to have them by October at this point. We closed on 7/22.

mrsclark

DIS Veteran
Closing question....so we got our closing docs via Docusign since we aren't financing. I told the closing agent that we will wire once we know that they have received the seller's docs. They replied back saying that their docs are en route via FedEx. Should I still insist on confirmation that they have those docs in hand or would you just go ahead and wire knowing that the docs are on their way?
We are in the process of buying two contracts. On the second contract, I followed up with the broker and title company two weeks after we got closing docs because we too were waiting until they received the seller docs before we wired. They checked the tracking number and said they were scheduled to be delivered the next day. Our bank suggests having an appointment to do a wire transfer so we set one up for the next day (which was a Friday). That afternoon I called the title company to confirm they had received the FedEx packet - they confirmed receipt but our actual closing agent had already left for the day so I knew there was a possibility that something might be missing or done incorrectly, etc. BUT since they did get them back we went ahead with the wire transfer. Everything went smoothly, no problems with the paperwork and we officially closed on Tuesday. In our case, though, we only had one seller so I didn’t have the added complication of waiting for multiple people to sign or anything like that.

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
We are in the process of buying two contracts. On the second contract, I followed up with the broker and title company two weeks after we got closing docs because we too were waiting until they received the seller docs before we wired. They checked the tracking number and said they were scheduled to be delivered the next day. Our bank suggests having an appointment to do a wire transfer so we set one up for the next day (which was a Friday). That afternoon I called the title company to confirm they had received the FedEx packet - they confirmed receipt but our actual closing agent had already left for the day so I knew there was a possibility that something might be missing or done incorrectly, etc. BUT since they did get them back we went ahead with the wire transfer. Everything went smoothly, no problems with the paperwork and we officially closed on Tuesday. In our case, though, we only had one seller so I didn’t have the added complication of waiting for multiple people to sign or anything like that.
This is thankfully just one seller as well.

DDad4

Earning My Ears
Closed and deed recorded on 7/21. Still waiting To see the contract. They are going to take the full 3 weeks! Waiting to use the points to book a May trip. Just need to get them before 7 months hits.

Closed and deed recorded on 7/21. Still waiting To see the contract. They are going to take the full 3 weeks! Waiting to use the points to book a May trip. Just need to get them before 7 months hits.
I’m in the exact same bot (same day recording and need for 7 mo window)

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
Update...

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/19/21
Offer accepted: 6/20/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/25/21
Passed ROFR: 7/30/21
Closing docs received: 8/3/21
Closing docs returned: 8/9/21
Funds wired: 8/9/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
For those of you that used Mason Title for closing....did they send you updates after you sent your paperwork and wired your funds? I sent an email asking if they'd tell me when we officially end up closing as well as when the deed is sent for recording and stuff like that but instead they just said they received our signed papers and the wire which wasn't what I asked.

Last edited:

Quiltsndisney

Earning My Ears
For those of you that used Mason Title for closing....did they send you updated after you sent your paperwork and wired your funds? I sent an email asking if they'd tell me when we officially end up closing as well as when the deed is sent for recording and stuff like that but instead they just said they received our signed papers and the wire which wasn't what I asked.
I just sent email asking the same. I will let you know What I get back. So far communications is limited.

LilyJC

DIS Veteran
For those of you that used Mason Title for closing....did they send you updated after you sent your paperwork and wired your funds? I sent an email asking if they'd tell me when we officially end up closing as well as when the deed is sent for recording and stuff like that but instead they just said they received our signed papers and the wire which wasn't what I asked.
Yes, we received all that information from MTI, but we’ve always worked with Cammy (and she’s the best!!). Don’t know if it varies depending who your agent is…

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
Yes, we received all that information from MTI, but we’ve always worked with Cammy (and she’s the best!!). Don’t know if it varies depending who your agent is…
Thanks good to know. Our closing agent is Marcelo so if anything I'll just keep bugging him to answer my questions ;)

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Yes, I got an email when the contract closed.

Quiltsndisney

Earning My Ears
Thanks good to know. Our closing agent is Marcelo so if anything I'll just keep bugging him to answer my questions ;)
We are with the same person. All I got back from my question is that my documents were there and he has them for closing. Likely the person versus agency

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES