Closing Time!! 2021 Edition

pianomanzano

Earning My Ears
Proof of points is easy. Just screenshot on the computer. Signing requires owners to go to a notary which can take time to do.

Some can get it done soon and others have to coordinate Not much the broker or title company can do other then to remind the seller that closing is set for no later than the 12th.

I hate to be a downer but I think the chances of you getting those points in time will be though it’s currently taking 5 to 6 weeks from when Disney gets your info to creating the account and loading the points.

Even if you do, availability is pretty close to near zero before December.
Yea, when we made the offer last month I had a feeling we wouldn't be able to use them given timing and availability. We also didn't think we'd pass ROFR, but got lucky there ($120pp for loaded SSR) so we were hoping to roll that luck into some continuing fortune towards an early closing and early account creation to at the very least use some of those expiring points or at least rent them out. I'd be really sad to see points go to waste, I wish the owner just rented those points before putting the contract up for sale or something!

We were planning to call a guide and see what they could do about adding points the second we get that account created as we also plan to immediately add on some Riviera points. Just sucks that it's in the realm of possibility but being held up. Still feeling very fortunate to get a good deal and should just be content with that I guess :)

MaleficentUK

Mouseketeer
I just got off the DVC chat. After waiting 4 weeks for the log-in info to get in for my membership number, etc. (Closing 27 July, Recorded 28 July, the 2 e-mails about midnight UK time 26 August, so essentially 27 August for us) - it now seems the wait for resale to have points loaded is 3 to 4 weeks.

(I know some people are calling to have this done quicker, but this is what I was told for the regular process. The booking window for the trip I need is 15 November, so not so much that I want them now, now, now , as the 2 months for Disney associated delays...)
For anyone interested, it is September 20th now and I still don't have points in my account...

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Yea, when we made the offer last month I had a feeling we wouldn't be able to use them given timing and availability. We also didn't think we'd pass ROFR, but got lucky there ($120pp for loaded SSR) so we were hoping to roll that luck into some continuing fortune towards an early closing and early account creation to at the very least use some of those expiring points or at least rent them out. I'd be really sad to see points go to waste, I wish the owner just rented those points before putting the contract up for sale or something!

We were planning to call a guide and see what they could do about adding points the second we get that account created as we also plan to immediately add on some Riviera points. Just sucks that it's in the realm of possibility but being held up. Still feeling very fortunate to get a good deal and should just be content with that I guess :)
Maybe doing the add on will help get MA to create it faster and you will get lucky that something will be available late October to November.

As I said, other than a night here or there, most are booked up but changes can and do happen!

Good luck!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES