I told the closing agent I would give them one more week. They said”..on 8/25 the documents were with the notary” I know by going resale these are the issues I signed up for, but I am becoming so disenfranchised already and I haven’t even dealt with MS yet.Once your contract passes the closing date, you, as the buyer, can walk away and get your deposit back. Sellers have until that date to get the documents in.
Since that date is passed, you have a tough decision to make. Canceling starts the process over. Not having the ability to book a trip for another month or so may make these deal not such a good deal if you end up not getting to book what you want.
When we were faced with this decision...seller had not yet returned after almost a month...we told the title company and broker we were walking, even if it meant losing the deposit. We gave them 2 more weeks to close (which was still within the window) or we would not be sending the funds and walking away.
The next day, the seller's documents arrived, and we closed on time. Good luck!