Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

ellisin

Earning My Ears
We’re at boardwalk inn next week. Are there things to do on the boardwalk again (surreys, entertainment etc)?

2022 Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Packages Available
Guests looking to plan ahead can now book 2022 Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages for arrivals beginning January 1, 2022!
Get a Quote

mrsap

DIS Veteran
We’re at boardwalk inn next week. Are there things to do on the boardwalk again (surreys, entertainment etc)?
Several blogs reported the surrey bikes have in fact returned to Boardwalk, however the Disney website shows they’re still ‘temporarily unavailable.’ Maybe if someone is there they can confirm they are in fact available to rent. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Last edited:

Gitelfor

DIS Veteran
Right. As I stated above…

The Disney website link: HERE

View attachment 610557

I’m not there to confirm either way, so I didn’t want to get their hopes up if that wasn’t the case.
Though usually it is frustrating when Disney’s site is not up-to-date, this is one time when it’s nice to know it’s just running behind.

From the operator of the Boardwalk Surrey Bikes:

827D04F9-2D7D-4BCD-A966-7FF50B496D12.jpeg

• dwdeb

Mouseketeer
    This may have been posted elsewhere, but do the inn rooms have keurig or cuisinart coffee makers?
    thanks!

BK2014

DIS Veteran
    Several blogs reported the surrey bikes have in fact returned to Boardwalk, however the Disney website shows they’re still ‘temporarily unavailable.’ Maybe if someone is there they can confirm they are in fact available to rent. Hope you enjoy your trip!
    Having nearly been ran over by a surrey bike at the Boardwalk three days ago (my fault, not theirs), I can confirm they are in fact available to rent again.

Eastern

DIS Veteran
    For Surrey bikes there is a small discount if you got a package. It's listed under the 'magical extras'.
    Sports and Leisure
    After all that delicious food keep active with our sports and leisure vouchers, for example:

• 10% off a 2, or 4-person Surrey Bike Rental
    • 10% off bowling at Splitsville Luxury Lanes

Ldisneygraham

Earning My Ears
    What entertainment is usually available at night? I saw the announcement that some were returning. Contemplating a May 2022 stay.

PirateNovelist

Earning My Ears
    I am thinking about headed to Ohana for my MK day.
    Would it be smarter to take a Mears over to Poly since one person in my party has a powered wheelchair?
    Or do I have to go to ticket and transportation and then get two Monorails over to Poly?

Denise W

Disney Veteran
    Would it be smarter to take a Mears over to Poly since one person in my party has a powered wheelchair?
    Or do I have to go to ticket and transportation and then get two Monorails over to Poly?
    I am not sure why you posted this on the Boardwalk hotel thread, but you should get better responses on the Transportation forum.

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
    Depending on your timing you could bus from BWI to MK then either 1) take the Resort Monorail over to Poly (your best bet to minimize steps), 2) Express Monorail to the TTC and walk to Poly, or 3) MK Ferry to TTC and walk to Poly. One could also take the MK-GF-Poly boat from MK to Poly, but it’s often the smaller boat that is not HC accessible.

But I’m assuming you’re wanting breakfast at Ohana, and the above could cut into some valuable morning time, so not the most efficient options when it comes to time, depending on your plans.

I don’t have direct experience with accessible car services, but assuming Mears offers vehicles that work for the needs of your party, taking a car from BWI direct to Poly will likely be your best best/most efficient in terms of time spent.

Hope that helps!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES