Favorite summer shoe for Disney?

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
I love my sketcher arch fit shoes so I ordered the sandal version. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.
Here are the sandles I orderd for Disney... but they have lots of styles.

EricLaurie

Earning My Ears
I’ve been wearing my New Balance sneakers. I like the 1080 model - they are literally the most comfy shoes I’ve found. I wear Feetures socks and the combination keeps me blister free. The socks are key. I used to suffer terribly from blisters at Disney. I gave up on wearing sandals there. I get blisters all the time.

Scubadaddy32

Mouseketeer
Blisters are one of my main problems too.
Where are your blisters? At Disney, it's likely no matter what shoes you wear you will walk enough to create blisters. Ha My suggestion is to take athletic tape and use it before you even start where you typically get blisters. Ha
I wore my running shoes like I always do, but we walked 37K steps one day last week. That was a ridiculous number I know, but we went to 3 parks from 7am at AK to 11pm at EPCOT and my wife and I stay in shape, but man my feet. Haha
My little toes both became blisters on the bottom after that day. Haha I just wrapped both of them with athletic tape and that fixed that. Ha
Our feet were swollen in a big way, so I took a bag put ice and water in it, placed it in the ice bucket and we soaked our feet in it. It works well! Ha

BethanyMouse

Mouseketeer
I have plantar fasciitis that comes and goes so I am neurotic about what I put on my feet. Especially when doing a lot of walking. My top choices besides my brooks sneakers are my chacos sandals, Birkenstocks, and sometimes my teva's.

Shughart

DIS Veteran
I did the parks in 2019 in Sketchers Go walks flip flops and didn't get any blisters. Never felt like there was anything on my feet!

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
After seeing what a scooter did to a toenail, I will only wear close-toed shoes at WDW.

I've done well with athletic shoes, but I'm not opposed to wearing close-toed Keen sandals in the summer.

• helenm29

FIGMENTED
    I always wear a pair of mesh running sneakers matched with a good runners support sock like balega.
    My feet stay cool and never a blister.
    Be sure to break them in before wearing all day in the heat.
    I have worn Balega socks the last two times I have gone and never had a problem but again, I always manage to get blisters no matter how old or new my shoes are....

Harmacist

Earning My Ears
    I feel with Disney you don't know how footwear will work until you try. I stand on my feet 8-13 hours a day for work, no breaks. I have one type of sneaker (Brooks Beast) that I can wear, and go home with zero blisters, knee or foot pain. I took a pair to Disney one year, I got bad blisters day one.

I actually have two pairs of 10+ year old sneakers, Converse Baboo model, that I can wear and walk all trip in disney with zero blisters or pain with an arch support in them. They no longer make this model and I've tried other Converse and they just don't fit/work the same. These shoes are now ONLY for Disney and will not get worn for any other reason to help keep them alive. Every trip I would take a new sneaker that's comfortable in the "normal" world, and wear them day 1, but every year I'd have to go back to the Baboo. The past trip I tried the Skechers GoWalk with yoga mat insole, and they seemed to work. So I am hoping that I can retire my Baboos finally after my trip in June as they are showing their age if the Skechers are successful again.

• beccasmom

DIS Veteran
    We are Skechers fans. I prefer the slip-on type Go Walk to the shoes with laces although I have that type too. DH has had great luck with the lace-up sneakers. He wore them a few months prior to hip replacement surgery and said he experienced less pain.

DizneyFamof4

Mouseketeer
    For me I wear my sneakers with normal Qtr socks, never got blisters, hated wearing sandals. My DW on the other hand is the complete opposite, loves wearing sandals and rarely wears sneakers.

Nell123

DisMs
    Noat sandals are cool and support your foot with adjustable strapping. Yes, cushioning on the soles is super-important, but the rest of your foot will feel better with a shoe that keeps your foot from spreading out with every step.

WDW Traveler

DIS Veteran
    I swear by my Teva sandals at WDW (and anywhere that involves a lot of walking - Vegas, cruises, etc.). I have several pairs of the Kayenta Sport Sandals, they are waterproof and dry fast and I have never had feet issues.

disneyseniors

DIS Veteran
    I wish that I could wear sandals like the rest of you!
    I have many problems with my feet, and I can only wear good tennis shoes. I wear Brooks to disney, and everywhere else too:) They are expensive, but they fit great and I have never gotten a blister with them. I bring 2 pairs and switch offevery other day.

shawthorne44

Mouseketeer
    Hands-down this is the best option.

Shoe: Birkencrocs (Made by the same company with the same material of crocs. That isn't the official name, but if you do a search in Amazon, you'll find that. Walmart has a knock-off version that has held up just as well. (Had to buy some mid-vacation once)

Then two pairs of socks. Get the thin runners toe socks. Then over those wear wool socks. The toe part of the socks keeps your toes from rubbing together. The thinness of the inner socks protects from blisters since if anything rubs, it will rub the inner socks. The wool outer socks for moisture control.

lauritagoddess

Doin' the Plush Rush
    Hoka One One sneakers. I have Achilles tendinitis, heel spurs and bunions, and they are by far the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn. I do wear Dr. Scholls gel heel cushions in them too, and it works out really well.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES