gometros

<font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an
Been here since 04/09… only complaint is that people clearly do not know how to follow the social distancing markers. So many people right behind me for all rides. I hate it!
Totally agree. Today was our first day in the park (Magic Kingdom) and nobody seems to understand what eating and drinking or stationary means either.

bdiddy

DIS Veteran
I have noticed several people mention carrying an umbrella with them even for when it is not raining. Do y'all have ones that fold up rather small for on rides but otherwise keep them out all the time? Any links to examples of the ones you have? My wife loves the idea of having one for shade or rain, but I am concerned about dealing with it on rides or in stores etc. Thanks!
I bought some of these a few months ago and we used them for the first time at the zoo over the weekend and they dried SO quick which was really nice. Definitely bringing them this summer for rain/sun.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
They are using private charter buses to go to the resorts to pick up people going to the parks in the morning. We were at Grand Floridian and they were taking people to Hollywood Studios along with Disney buses. And we saw several different private charter buses dropping people off at Animal Kingdom this morning.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
We learned on this past trip that if you don't get to the park buses well before park opening that you may not make it on the first bus that arrives, and that when you finally get to the parks, the more popular rides have long lines. Disney needs to open up more of their rides and shows.

Last edited:

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
I have noticed several people mention carrying an umbrella with them even for when it is not raining. Do y'all have ones that fold up rather small for on rides but otherwise keep them out all the time? Any links to examples of the ones you have? My wife loves the idea of having one for shade or rain, but I am concerned about dealing with it on rides or in stores etc. Thanks!
Mine's just a very small, collapsible rain umbrella I got at Target. I always carry a small bag of some sort (cross-body, sling, backpack) and keep it in one of the bag's pockets. I collapse it and stick it back in said pocket while indoors, unless it's wet from rain, in which case I just carry it in my hand and lay it on the floor on rides or in restaurants.

• tinkerhon

DIS Veteran
    We learned on this past trip that if you don't get to the park buses well before park opening that you may not make it on the first bus that arrives, and that when you finally get to the parks, the more popular rides have long lines. Disney needs to open up more of their rides and shows.
    Think you just answered my concerns about a July trip - I’m sensing nightmare scenario!

scrappinginontario

Think you just answered my concerns about a July trip - I’m sensing nightmare scenario!
    For those who wish to arrive at the parks on one of the first buses, it is recommended you arrive at your bus stop 90 mins before park opening.

jillinastoria

Earning My Ears
    For those who wish to arrive at the parks on one of the first buses, it is recommended you arrive at your bus stop 90 mins before park opening.
    Agree with this — here now, and we have arrived at our bus stop at AKL every morning 90 minutes before park opening (closer to 75 minutes for MK and AK, although that made me a little nervous). We’ve made the first bus every time and been there for rope drop or close to it. But families arriving only 60 minutes before don’t always seem to make it, FYI.

• gharter

DIS Veteran
    Agree with this — here now, and we have arrived at our bus stop at AKL every morning 90 minutes before park opening (closer to 75 minutes for MK and AK, although that made me a little nervous). We’ve made the first bus every time and been there for rope drop or close to it. But families arriving only 60 minutes before don’t always seem to make it, FYI.
    When you get to the bus stop 75-90 minutes before park opening, are there many people in line for the bus?
    Are the parks still opening about 45 minutes before the posted time?

jillinastoria

Earning My Ears
    When you get to the bus stop 75-90 minutes before park opening, are there many people in line for the bus?
    Are the parks still opening about 45 minutes before the posted time?
    We have generally first or second in line, but with many families arriving 5 or 10 minutes after us.

And yes, parks seem to open almost exactly 45 minutes before the official posted time.

nerdyone

Mouseketeer
    We are going on May 13th for 5 nights. When were here back in 2019, we avoided the bus by taking mini vans or lyfts. Is this something you can still do?

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES