Pop Century vs. Caribbean Beach

2022 Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Packages Available
Guests looking to plan ahead can now book 2022 Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages for arrivals beginning January 1, 2022!
Get a Quote

Lewisc

DIS Veteran
Pop rooms may have thinner walls than CBR
CBR better chance of getting a seat on the skyliner
just a FYI :)
POP guests have to transfer at CBR skyliner station. Guests from both resorts wait on the same line. The chance of getting a seat is 100%. Disney doesn't allow standees on the skyliner.

The pirate rooms at CBR have double beds.

gorkt

DIS Veteran
This is a great thread. We stayed at CBR for our last trip in late 2019 and LOVED CBR for the Skyliner to the point that my husband requested we stay at a skyliner resort again next time. We have been looking at POP, CBR and Riviera and are leaning towards CBR again, although Pop is still on the table. The only real downside to CBR was that bus transportation can be horrible. At times we waited almost an hour for a MK bus. It's to the point I might consider Ubering to the non-skyliner parks if I stayed there again, it was that bad. Riviera isn't my favorite theming and is very expensive, even as a DVC rental.

• buzz1523

Earning My Ears
    Just booked our vacation at POP for a week! Excited! :yay:

CBR would have added an additional $1,000 to our trip... I don't think it was worth it (based on the reviews here and from the outdated gloomy looking rooms)...I hope I made the right decision! :magnify:

GBRforWDW

DIS Veteran
    Just booked our vacation at POP for a week! Excited! :yay:

CBR would have added an additional $1,000 to our trip... I don't think it was worth it (based on the reviews here and from the outdated gloomy looking rooms)...I hope I made the right decision! :magnify:
    Yay! I think you'll be fine. As you mentioned, you're only sleeping there, not spending a lot of time in the room, so might as well save that money for food and grab a couple good ADRs instead.

buzz1523

Earning My Ears
    I've found out how to request a King Sized bed... is there any way to request lake view? I didn't see any option for that. Should I call the hotel directly before we go? Is that a possibility?

perchy

WDW Resort Hopper
    Split your stay and book a few nights at each.

I did exactly this with these two resorts.

Splitting your stay can be a fun way to experience more resorts. Why choose one?

• Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES