Purchasing two home resorts

Omoreno

Earning My Ears
For those of you who have two or more resorts how do you manage your memberships. I am thinking about adding on 75 points at another resort but I have 150 at Saratoga.

Sandisw

DVC Forums
I have both RIV and SSR now. We do a lot of split stays so I use RIV for my nights there and then use my SSR at 7 months to switch to VGF or BLT…whichever one I can get.

I hope to have VGF next year and will use those for specific trips.

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
We have points at 4 different resorts, but they are all the same use year and are under a single member number. Its not difficult at all to decide which resort contract to use for a particular stay.

Cinderella072004

Earning My Ears
We have BC and WL . We always use the BC for 11 months stay every year. We use the WL for 7 month for wherever is available.

Stargazer65

DIS Veteran
My BLT and SSR are under the same UY so I usually will combine points at 7 months and stay at one or the other on alternating years. If I want to book an extremely busy time I may book a split stay. I try to borrow heavily from one or the other when I book, so I don't have banked points in multiple contracts. BRV is a different UY so I either split stay, or just go on a short trip with it.

benedib99

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
For those of you who have two or more resorts how do you manage your memberships. I am thinking about adding on 75 points at another resort but I have 150 at Saratoga.
If you want a second home resort, there is nothing wrong with that. We have 6 home resorts now.

The first question you should ask yourself is, how are you going to use them. Make sure the number of points you are going to buy matches how you are going to use them. If your intent is to buy enough for a small trip every year or a little longer trip every other year, make sure it works for the room type you want within the current points calendar.

If you are planning to book within the 7 month window, definitely buy the same use year. The same use year makes it so much easier when you want to use points from both contracts for a booking within the 7 month window.

But, if you are planning to take one trip in the spring, and one trip in the fall, then there is an argument to different use years. Just know that a second use year makes managing the points harder.

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
I have a spreadsheet that I was using for my AKV contract and I just added our BLT contract to that one....just waiting on points to be loaded at this point. Since they are different Use Years I'm basically keeping things separate. In the spreadsheet I have listed what trips would go for which contract so that I know how to plan things going forward. We don't ever plan to combine points....at least not yet anyways :)

Suzabella

HHI, BRV, BWV
Ours are all the same UY which helps. Also, one of our home resorts is HHI. We also own at BRV and BWV. The BWV was a recent purchase and we haven't actually stayed there yet as owners but we plan to do split stays to take advantage of the location. We'll stay BWV for Epcot and HS while going to MK while staying at BRV.

Twohsieh

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
We have two home resorts with different use years, June (VGC) and April (AUL). We made sure to buy enough points at each resort to keep each home resort points separate. I was worried that because we had two different use years that I would have two different logins, but I was pleasantly surprised that I am able to see both of my home resort's points with the same login.

10CJ

DIS Veteran
We have two resorts with the same use year. Our biggest issue is managing any potential Riviera stays. We do not own there and can only use some of our points there.

I haven't found the need to do anything crazy for tracking but only have two contracts. VGF is just for VGF stays so far and AKV has been for AKV, BRV and POLY. I wanted two different use years but some people get really confused with multiple use years.

Sunnyore

Mouseketeer
For a small 75 point contract, your best option may be to get same uy as your SSR just for ease of combining points for 7 month bookings. Otherwise you can also bank and borrow the points and use the contracts separately. I also own majority SSR, thinking I don’t mind where I stay but since then have added on small contracts at BWV and BLT since I want 11 month resort advantages. I had only 50 points at BLT and struggled with bookings with such a small contract so recently added even more. Look at the point chart of the new resort you want and buy enough points for how many days you think you want to stay. I do have all same uy so booking is super easy to combine at 7 month window, but because BLT is much more expensive I’m definitely using those points for mainly booking that resort. BWV will be for food and wine advantages.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES