The most frustrating part

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
I’ve made it all the way through everything and hold the final contracts and ownership papers in my hand — for weeks now. What takes Disney so long to get the points loaded into my account? My purchase included 110 points banked from 2020 that I have to use before April 2022. Dvcresalemarket did a great job, now I’m twiddling my thumbs.

DaveNan

DIS Veteran
per the closing time threads, Member Administration is taking about 6 weeks right now to get the account created or add the contract to an existing account. Then it is taking another week or two for the points to appear. Some have indicated success if they called MA after the contract exists in the system to getting the points quicker.

UrsulaWantsYourSoul

DIS Veteran
If it's been more than a few days since the contract showed up online in your account, give MS a call and ask. I try to be patient but.... sometimes really want/need to use those points. They will put you on hold and call MA and sometimes you'll have the points added to your account while you are on the phone (I have twice). If it's not ready, it's not ready and you'll have to try another day, but if it's just sitting in a pile and MA hasn't gotten to yours yet, they will expedite it especially if you have something pressing to book and are kind on the phone :-).

MICKIMINI

Love the Mouse!
DVC Premium
It does help to call. Both times I've done so this year, I had points within a week.

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Unfortunately, it seems that DVD is still running with less than a full staff in MA than pre covid and thus the slow down in getting memberships created or new resale contracts added to memberships for those of us who already own.

If you are seeing the shell in your account, definitely give MS a call and tell you you need to get these points booked ASAP and the longer you wait, the less chance you have. I did this with my recent RIV resale and the CM in Chat got it done for me so I could get them into my January and February reservations I booked using my SSR points (which needed to be freed up to book my March and April nights).

bwbuddy5

Unfortunately, it seems that DVD is still running with less than a full staff in MA than pre covid and thus the slow down in getting memberships created or new resale contracts added to memberships for those of us who already own.

If you are seeing the shell in your account, definitely give MS a call and tell you you need to get these points booked ASAP and the longer you wait, the less chance you have. I did this with my recent RIV resale and the CM in Chat got it done for me so I could get them into my January and February reservations I booked using my SSR points (which needed to be freed up to book my March and April nights).
Actually, I’m a former but now new member. Not even sure what’s the best number to call

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Actually, I’m a former but now new member. Not even sure what’s the best number to call
If you do not have a membership number and the emails with your activation code, etc., then all you can do is email MA. They are not taking calls. That email is wdw.dvc.member.administration@email.disney.com

If you do have your online account, and just waiting on points to load, then you can call MS and tell them you have been waiting more than the recommended time and just need the points to get booked.

Adg0428

Mouseketeer
I’m still in ROFR (only day 10) and I have points that need to be used by feb 1😅

bwbuddy5

Ironically, I received my email from DVC last night and set up my shell. I’ll call them tomorrow. This one is for 160 points, but I also bought one for 210 at the same time. I got the recorded deed for that one two weeks later because the owner had been out of the country. It’s this later one that has banked 2020 points on it that I’m hoping to get expedited.

kmorlock

Our Happy Place
Everything was sent to Disney after closing about 5 1/2 weeks ago. This is an add-on contract, same resort, UY, and title info. I have called twice and still nothing is showing up in our account.

Frederic Civish

“I’m just here for the Ears.”
Disney has been taking a LOOooooooooooooonnnnng time, sometimes, lately. I think they just don't have enough staff. But I also agree that, sometimes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." Always be very nice and polite, but call frequently, at least once or twice a week, to the DVC Member Services and ask someone to check on how things are going, or to put you in contact with someone who can. Most of the time they can do nothing, but sometimes they can put in a word or two and speed things up.

Paul Stupin

New DVC Member
I’ll be going through the same thing when my extended closing contract (offer accepted last February!!) finally closes next month. After that, not looking to buy more resale. The process is just too long and frustrating.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES