The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Dicentras

Mouseketeer
Hey friends: for online check in, my only room request options are near lobby, near elevator, and near Skyliner. For a SV 2-bed, what do you recommend I select? I’m not sure picky, but hoping to avoid a dumpster view or something, lol.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Mrs p

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

Great thread, very informative!

I hope someone here can help us please.
We are about to become owners at RRV but wanted to check the size of the smaller single pull down in the studio. Does anyone know how long it is, or has anyone with a tall teen used it?
Our teen boys are fast approaching 6 ft and won’t share a bed.
Hopefully we will be able to find out ousrrselves in August !
Thanks all

Helvetica

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

We are about to become owners at RRV but wanted to check the size of the smaller single pull down in the studio. Does anyone know how long it is, or has anyone with a tall teen used it?
Thanks all
The small pull down is pretty small. It’s about as long as a queen is wide, I think it’s more of a kids bed.

havoc315

DIS Veteran
Hey friends: for online check in, my only room request options are near lobby, near elevator, and near Skyliner. For a SV 2-bed, what do you recommend I select? I’m not sure picky, but hoping to avoid a dumpster view or something, lol.
Thanks!
Go for an upper floor. You can trying the touringplans.com room finder feature.

summerw

DIS Veteran
I realized that I hadn't seen your 2022 dates, so I added them now. Please let me know if I missed anything!

You can add us to the list however if international travel from the UK is still not happening we'll only be there in spirit!

30 Aug - 8 September (8-13 Sept @ VGF)
5 Dec - 10 Dec (1-5 Dec SSR and 10-15 PPV)
Added! I hope you get to go! Latest news is the White House is talking about vaccine passports so that might help travel open up.

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
Did you like it better than a standard? I know you may not have stayed in a standard studio yet, but I am trying to figure out the difference. I currently have one of each booked for the same night, and need to cancel one soon. I need the extra points for another booking. Just don't know how to decide.
We have stayed in a standard one bedroom and the view was awful. But that was our experience, the balcony smelled like garbage and we were woken up very early by the delivery trucks. We were moved to a preferred view after me called. I posted some pictures and the room number on the list where you can see the room numbers and views.
I have also heard, that a lot of other people had very good views booking standard.
For us, after staying on property over 3 times, we will only book preferred if we have extra points that we won't need in the near future. Otherwise, we will book standard, as even when the fireworks return, we can always go for drinks or appetizers and drinks at Topolinos and watch them from there ,if can't watch them from our room.
Good luck with your decision.

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

Thanks all
Our daughter who is 18 and 5'6', fits perfectly well on the pull down in a a studio ,with plenty of room. Our son who is is 5'10, can sleep on the on small one under the TV, he is medium built.

Mrs p

Earning My Ears
Our daughter who is 18 and 5'6', fits perfectly well on the pull down in a a studio ,with plenty of room. Our son who is is 5'10, can sleep on the on small one under the TV, he is medium built.
Thanks for your reply - our youngest should fit - which would be great as we love the theme at riviera and we are about to buy a fixed week ! Getting cold feet but this makes me feel better!

jamesweikamp

DIS Rookie
Thanks for your reply - our youngest should fit - which would be great as we love the theme at riviera and we are about to buy a fixed week ! Getting cold feet but this makes me feel better!
My wife is ~5'5" and fits as well. (NOTE: We did not actually make her sleep on the small bed. She just laid there to test the size.:P:D)

We just bought a fixed week as well. I am betting the 10% premium will disappear in the next few years.

Mrs p

Earning My Ears
My wife is ~5'5" and fits as well. (NOTE: We did not actually make her sleep on the small bed. She just laid there to test the size.:P:D)

We just bought a fixed week as well. I am betting the 10% premium will disappear in the next few years.
Thanks, we don’t want our youngest complaining when he hits his head ! we can’t decide between a fw standard or fw preferred 🤪 we like a view but the standard may hold its value better as apparently they are more popular!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES