The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
Thanks for your reply - our youngest should fit - which would be great as we love the theme at riviera and we are about to buy a fixed week ! Getting cold feet but this makes me feel better!
I'm glad I could help.
My kids actually loved Riviera when we went for the tour, they were already making plans about booking a long weekend with friends. We used to always have split stays between AK Jambo house and the BW or sometimes BC. You just can't beat not having to wait for buses after a day at Epcot or HS. We rather walk or to take the boats, and now owning at Riviera, the skyline. My DH and I also love that we can just walk to CB and get something different to drink or eat and seat by the pool bar. We mentioned this last stay from a week ago, that we should all plan on playing VB at one of the VB sandy areas at CB.

Mrs p

Earning My Ears
I'm glad I could help.
My kids actually loved Riviera when we went for the tour, they were already making plans about booking a long weekend with friends. We used to always have split stays between AK Jambo house and the BW or sometimes BC. You just can't beat not having to wait for buses after a day at Epcot or HS. We rather walk or to take the boats, and now owning at Riviera, the skyline. My DH and I also love that we can just walk to CB and get something different to drink or eat and seat by the pool bar. We mentioned this last stay from a week ago, that we should all plan on playing VB at one of the VB sandy areas at CB.
Thanks, oddly I love the theme, but the kids seem to like poly more. I’m a bit worried about getting back to the resort at Epcot/studios close - (we never make rope drop anyway). Like you we like how close CBR is, the bar and pool there looks fun.

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
Thanks, oddly I love the theme, but the kids seem to like poly more. I’m a bit worried about getting back to the resort at Epcot/studios close - (we never make rope drop anyway). Like you we like how close CBR is, the bar and pool there looks fun.
We always visit the Poly, have to have a lapu-lapu and some of their food. We stayed once, but none of us were crazy about the layout of the buildings and having to do all that walking after the parks, especially . We love the indoor one buildings set up better.

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
Anyone know how the sky liner lines have been? We arrive in 11 days!!!
We were there 2 weeks ago. We were able to get a ROTR reservation and had to be at HS by 1030am, they had opened at 9am. We got to the sky liner at 930 and the lines were pretty long at the second stop. It took us like 20 minutes to get on it. At RIV , the lines were just down the ramp. We left the parks before closing, our kids left HS at closing on a Saturday and decided to walk to the BW , because the lines were crazy long. We picked them up from the BW. The security at the BW, let us in to get them.

jamesweikamp

DIS Rookie
We were there 2 weeks ago. We were able to get a ROTR reservation and had to be at HS by 1030am, they had opened at 9am. We got to the sky liner at 930 and the lines were pretty long at the second stop. It took us like 20 minutes to get on it. At RIV , the lines were just down the ramp. We left the parks before closing, our kids left HS at closing on a Saturday and decided to walk to the BW , because the lines were crazy long. We picked them up from the BW. The security at the BW, let us in to get them.
I think lines at closing will be rough until they start allowing more than one party per gondola. We were there for the opening of F&G at EPCOT and the lines at close were over to Beach Club. That line took about 35 minutes. When counting travel time, it's not much worse than going elsewhere to wait for a bus. Lyft from the Beach Club if you want to pay for a ride would be faster, however.

Mrs p

Earning My Ears
We always visit the Poly, have to have a lapu-lapu and some of their food. We stayed once, but none of us were crazy about the layout of the buildings and having to do all that walking after the parks, especially . We love the indoor one buildings set up better.
The kids love ohana but the lack of room options kills it for us - less work for a coffee at RRV!

Doberge

Mouseketeer
We own and both Poly and Riviera. While we love Poly some of your reasons are why we bought at Riviera. At Riviera it's great to walk to everything close without worrying about weather. It's frustrating getting stuck at Poly and being unable to get to a room (or out) without running through rain, visions of high buy-ins and high point charts running through one's head

polynor

Mouseketeer
We own and both Poly and Riviera. While we love Poly some of your reasons are why we bought at Riviera. At Riviera it's great to walk to everything close without worrying about weather. It's frustrating getting stuck at Poly and being unable to get to a room (or out) without running through rain, visions of high buy-ins and high point charts running through one's head
Off topic, but just noticed your username and image —my favorite cake! And to keep it Disney related, we stop by Baton Rouge to pick one up on the way back from WDW to Texas all the time (and Mandas sausage)

Sydnerella

enough is as good as a feast
Hello all,

Great thread, very informative!

I hope someone here can help us please.
We are about to become owners at RRV but wanted to check the size of the smaller single pull down in the studio. Does anyone know how long it is, or has anyone with a tall teen used it?
Our teen boys are fast approaching 6 ft and won’t share a bed.
Hopefully we will be able to find out ousrrselves in August !
Thanks all
The single pull down in the one bedroom fit my 6’2” husband when he tried it out - nobody slept on it but we were curious how long it was.

Is that longer than the studio pull down bed?

Sydnerella

enough is as good as a feast
BOG - We loved our 2020 Thanksgiving stay at Riviera sooooo much we are returning!

DH, Me (DW), DS17, DD15
One Bedroom - Preferred View
11-19 thru 11-28 Thanksgiving 2021 - Yay!
Now if we could only buy DVC at Riviera... 😉

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
BOG - We loved our 2020 Thanksgiving stay at Riviera sooooo much we are returning!

DH, Me (DW), DS17, DD15
One Bedroom - Preferred View
11-19 thru 11-28 Thanksgiving 2021 - Yay!
Now if we could only buy DVC at Riviera... 😉
....this is my DSs home base, along with SSR....have you eaten at Topolino's Terrace yet? It's expensive, but amazing!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES