The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Doberge

Mouseketeer
What they had around opening was fantastic with expanded menu options like a hanger steak and half chicken, at least for dinner. I really enjoyed the farm plant based pizza with the carrot pesto and other delicious toppings. Like many Disney restaurants they've limited the menu and removed many options. The current plant based skewer was, I believe, on the original menu but they just changed the category from entree to plant based. While Primo Piatto has done better keeping more options than many other QS locations, I hope they'll expand offerings again to fall back into a space between QS and TS.

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
Will be there the same days (arriving 8/14)... see you there.
Us too! We are brand new Riviera members and will be there for our Welcome Home stay August 14-18--a long weekend that includes my and DH's birthdays and our anniversary, and is a few days before my son's birthday, so going to need a lot of celebration buttons! We're spending wayyyyy more points than we probably should for this short stay given we only have a 150 point contract and had to use all our 2020 points and borrow another 58 from Oct 2021, but the only room we could get so last-minute was one bedroom preferred view. At least we didn't pay dues on the 2020 points. We almost went with another DVC resort for the lower point cost, but we LOVE Riviera so I felt it was worth the splurge, especially since we won't be a Disney again until our 2022 UY. Anyway, points have been borrowed so no going back now...

Someone talk me down from the ledge on my obvious anxiety that we shouldn't have borrowed so many points! The one bedroom at Riviera is my dream hotel room, so a dream-come-true birthday/anniversary splurge can't be a mistake, right?

jamesweikamp

DIS Rookie
Us too! We are brand new Riviera members and will be there for our Welcome Home stay August 14-18--a long weekend that includes my and DH's birthdays and our anniversary, and is a few days before my son's birthday, so going to need a lot of celebration buttons! We're spending wayyyyy more points than we probably should for this short stay given we only have a 150 point contract and had to use all our 2020 points and borrow another 58 from Oct 2021, but the only room we could get so last-minute was one bedroom preferred view. At least we didn't pay dues on the 2020 points. We almost went with another DVC resort for the lower point cost, but we LOVE Riviera so I felt it was worth the splurge, especially since we won't be a Disney again until our 2022 UY. Anyway, points have been borrowed so no going back now...

Someone talk me down from the ledge on my obvious anxiety that we shouldn't have borrowed so many points! The one bedroom at Riviera is my dream hotel room, so a dream-come-true birthday/anniversary splurge can't be a mistake, right?
CONGRATS!!! Borrowing to get a bigger room is totally worth it. The 1bd (and larger) rooms are awesome.

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
CONGRATS!!! Borrowing to get a bigger room is totally worth it. The 1bd (and larger) rooms are awesome.
Thanks. I think I know that too just wanted to hear someone else say I am not crazy! I will probably get less anxiety as I get more used to making DVC bookings, but all the scary language I had to click through on borrowing being a final transaction had me panic a little. We did a tour back in March and my kids jaws were on the floor in the 1bd. I had to warn them we were really more of a "studio family," so they are probably going to flip out when they get home from school today and we tell them the news.

Just noticed we are exactly 100 days to arrival. So excited!

havoc315

DIS Veteran

Our welcome home too.... But we are stretching. We purchased 200 points, but joined with close friends who also bought 200 points. So doing a 2 bedroom for 8 nights in August and then for another 3 nights President's weekend 2022.

For August... celebrated 3 birthdays, 2 middle school graduations. Hmm, my 20th anniversary in 3 months later, maybe should celebrate that too.

🍀TwinsMom

Earning My Ears
Thanks. I think I know that too just wanted to hear someone else say I am not crazy! I will probably get less anxiety as I get more used to making DVC bookings, but all the scary language I had to click through on borrowing being a final transaction had me panic a little. We did a tour back in March and my kids jaws were on the floor in the 1bd. I had to warn them we were really more of a "studio family," so they are probably going to flip out when they get home from school today and we tell them the news.

Just noticed we are exactly 100 days to arrival. So excited!
Don't fear the one-bedroom. We started off in a studio and lasted two days, LOL. Never looked back! The one-bedrooms are pricey but sooo worth it. The privacy, bathroom access, extra room to spread out -- it's really great. We invited friends over for dinner at Topolinos and drinks back at the room, and we had two 15 year-olds, two 8 year-olds, a 7 year-old, and four adults in the one bedroom. The teens took the balcony, the kids the Murphy bed to watch TV, and the adults the dining room table. No one was squished, and it was a really pleasant surprise how much room we all had to be together -- but not on top of each other, either.

Enjoy your stay!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES