- Mar 28, 2011
This is our current itinerary:
- drive to Fontana. Not sure what time we'll leave home. I want to leave in a.m. as soon as possible so we have more mental "vacation time." DH will probably wait to wait until noon to hit the road! No thanks!
- dinner w/friends at their house.
- Prep breakfast for Sunday morning, kids shower Sat evening, everybody to bed early.
- 5:15 am - leave Fontana. Well, WE are leaving at that time. If our friends choose to drive in a little later, that's totally fine!
- 6:00-6:15 am-ish - drop DH & kids off at the drop-off area on Harbor Blvd near the entrance to the Esplanade/bus area
- ~ 6:15 am - I go drive to Toy Story lot and get in the line of cars to park
- 6:30 am - park the car, take bus to Esplanade, go through security
- ~ 7:00 am - join DH & kids in line at Esplanade. Make sure kids go to the bathroom! Note to self: harass the children about using the bathroom before we leave Fontana. YDD will be super grumpy about this.
- ~ 7:00 - 7:55 am - We do the waiting game. Wait for the turn stiles to open, then go find good spots in the park to wait for 8:00 am...spots with good cell phone reception. Link our tickets on my & DH's phones. Use Max Pass to get a FP for a ride (good way to test that your tickets are linked). Meet up with our friends and get their tickets linked with ours.
- 7:55 am - do a hard reboot on everybody's phone. Hard close all apps. Open Atomic Clock app on my phone & do the clock watch/countdown.
- 8:00 am - join the Star Wars lottery and pray for a few seconds.
- Go enjoy Disneyland! Kids will probably be hungry mid-morning. I think we'll end up doing an early lunch somewhere ("early lunch" being 11 am).
- 2:30 pm - Oga's Cantina reservation
- 8:45 pm - check in for Savi's Workshop reservation. Reservation is for 3 people: ODD, YDD, Friend 2. Disneyland said to check in 15 min before your appointment.
- 9:00 pm - Savi's Workshop reservation - made this reservation later in the day so we wouldn't have to carry our lightsabers all around the park for several hours. Plus, we'll get some cool pics with a Photopass photographer with the light sabers in front of the Millennium Falcon afterwards.
- 11:00 pm - park closes for the night. We've had great success in the past getting on 1 last ride SOMEWHERE in the park right before closing. Maybe Pirates? That would be awesome! I think Savi's takes up to 30 min in total, so if you factor in photopass pics, then we'll definitely have a good hour more of ride time before the park closes. There's something really magical walking through an almost empty park at the end of the night.
- Make the long sad walk to the exit. Drive an hour back "home" to Fontana and crash into bed.