Vesting on Deed for Different Resorts with Different Use Years

natty650

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I remember reading about this somewhere on the boards, but I haven't been able to find the correct thread.

I recently closed on an Aulani contract, and we just received closing docs for a VGC contract. The contracts have different use years, and I understand that this will result in different membership numbers.

Does it make a difference if the vesting on both deeds are worded differently?

I'm working with Mason Title, and they didn't send me a copy of the deed to review which I thought was surprising. When I asked about it, the agent told me that it was already sent to the sellers because only the selling party needs to sign. I guess I was surprised that a copy wasn't sent to me as part of the closing package - even though it doesn't require our signatures, it would be nice to double check that the information is correct and as we requested.

natty650

Mouseketeer
The agent also told me that he would not notify me when the sellers return documents. He said that they are so busy and with their workload, he might not remember. Instead, he asked that I follow up with him in a week to see if they have received the seller's docs.

kandlsutton

Mouseketeer
Correct, two use years is two memberships. But you can access both memberships from 1 disney account.

In our December UY membership, my husband is listed first on the PVB deed and I am listed first on the AKL. I know I made sure our names were spelled correctly, with middle initial, when completing the paperwork/docusign for the title company. Everything was good on the deed…

natty650

Mouseketeer
Correct, two use years is two memberships. But you can access both memberships from 1 disney account.

In our December UY membership, my husband is listed first on the PVB deed and I am listed first on the AKL. I know I made sure our names were spelled correctly, with middle initial, when completing the paperwork/docusign for the title company. Everything was good on the deed…
Okay, good to know that it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks! :)

Twohsieh

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
We have our contracts listed under our trust name, so our contracts needed to be worded exactly as our trust name states. In your case, as long it has your legal name, you should be good. Congrats on your new contracts-we have the same home resorts.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES